I am quite sure that there are lots of folks out there that don’t know much about their current Village President. So here is a little background information about me.
- I am a lifelong resident of Crete and a product of the Crete school system.
- I actually worked for the Crete Public Works Department when I was 16 years old. It was a summer job and I made $1.75 per hour and was glad to have a job. I spent a lot of time shoveling asphalt, trimming trees and cleaning sewers.
- I went to Purdue University and graduated with a degree in Industrial Management and Finance.
- I later went to Prairie State and got my Associates degree in Fire Science.
- I worked for the United States Postal Service for 35 years, retiring in 2008 as a Postmaster. I started with the post office in Matteson, then transferred to Crete. I was promoted to a manager in 1980 and eventually was promoted to Postmaster of Beecher.
- I am currently a part-time project manager for CET Inc. Engineers located in Portage IN. The company primarily service the steel manufacturing industry.
- In 1972 I joined the Crete Fire Department as a paid on call fireman. I became a Certified FF3, and EMT and was one of the first paramedics on the department. I was promoted from firefighter to lieutenant, captain and eventually assistant chief, a position I hold today. I am one of the most active POC members on the department and have been so for 40 years. Chances are that if you have some fire related incident at your home or business, your Village President/Assistant Chief will be there to help solve your problem.
As you can tell from my history, management and problem solving has been my way of life and are the things I do best. My life experiences and education have prepared me for the variety of challenges that you face as Village President and have resulted in 28 years of success and progress for the residents of the Village of Crete. I am very proud of what I have accomplished on behalf of the residents. .