In a previous post I gave everyone a little history about my past private life and work experience. I think it is important to some people that they know that side of a candidate’s life. I think this says a little about how a person’s character is developed. In this post, I would like to share a little about my history as it involves the Village and public service.
- Lifelong resident of Crete
- Married 27 years, no children
- Associate’s Degree in Fire Science
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Mgmt. Purdue Univ.
- Retired Postmaster with 35 years of service
- Currently a P/T Project Manager, CET Inc. Engineers
- Village President from 1985 to present
- Volunteer, Crete Fire Dept. 44 years, Assistant Chief 14 years
- Chairman, Plan Commission from 1977 to 1985
- Chairman, Eastcom Dispatch Center Board of Directors
- Chairman, Eastern Will County Council of Mayors
- Member, Will County Governmental League
- Member, Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
- South Council Rep. to CMAP Executive Council of Mayors
- Member, South Suburban Mayor’s & Manager’s Assoc. Executive Committee & Transportation Committee Chairman
- Board Member, Laraway Communications Center
Being involved with these organizations means that there are numerous meetings that I attend on a regular basis. To get the most out of what these groups have to offer, attendance and participation is a must. I make every effort to be as involved as possible, not just by attendance but by being an active and vocal participant. That is the only way to have a positive influence on the outcome of important issues that can affect Crete and the region. Several of these positions come as a result of my knowledge, expertise and ability in dealing with difficult issues and the interaction with other elected officials.